The Alchemy of the Desert, Second Edition
Our reference book for desert flower essences
has been revised and updated!
A Comprehensive Guide to Desert Flower Essences
for Professional & Self Help Use
Cynthia Athina Kemp Scherer
The Alchemy of the Desert is an intimate look at the healing power of flowers from the Arizona Deserts. The great work of the alchemists was to find the way to transform things of lesser value into precious assets, “lead into gold.” The modern alchemist can use the help of nature to turn problems into opportunities, trauma into experience, handicaps into assets.
Safe, effective, and with lasting effects, flower essences are a powerful support for modern healing. Desert flower essences are now being used professionally in more than twenty countries by doctors, psychologists and natural healing practitioners.
This book is for those who love nature. It is an invaluable guide for professional therapists and self-help enthusiasts on the journey of healing and self-awareness.
Updated second edition includes:
- flower essences: what they are and how they work
- characteristics of the desert and its unique plants
- healing qualities of:
119 individual flower essences, and
47 composite formulas
- based on 20 years of research
- how to attune with nature
- experiential stories of healing with nature
- updated cross reference guide for selecting flower essences
- 576 pages: $39. Available now at our online store
- For information about what's changed from the first edition click here.
If you want to be notified by email about new publications, flower essences, workshops, and other interesting desert flower essence news, subscribe to Desert Alchemy Email Updates.
I love The Alchemy of the Desert book. Just reading it helps me and my patients. I am a psychiatrist and I use the book to select flower essences for some of my patients who request more natural support."
~ N. K., MD, California.